Check out our listings below.
Lead AV Installation Technician
The Theater People (TTP) is a privately owned, rapidly growing custom home theater and audio/video installation company that has been servicing the city of Columbus, Ohio, and surrounding areas since 2009. TTP is located on the east side of Columbus, near Reynoldsburg, just outside of the Interstate 270 loop. A majority of the work completed is residential, although TTP does partake in commercial installations as well.
At The Theater People, we don't just install the equipment and leave; we take the time to teach our clients about their new A/V set up and components, and make sure our clients are taken care of from project conception through to completion.
To build upon the services we can offer, TTP is looking to welcome a new, experienced Installation Technician into our award-winning, family-like team. We are seeking a passionate individual who will stay with us for the long-term and help us continue to grow as a company.
Technicians will be responsible for transporting, assembling, maintaining, and troubleshooting equipment used in installations. Technicians must be creative and flexible, with strong communication skills and the ability to interact with both co-workers and clients- often educating clients on how to operate their system after it is installed. The technician will function independently on many jobs, and as part of a team on larger installations.
Some common duties of the Installation Technician include:
- Transporting purchased equipment to the job location
- Assessing job parameters on-site prior to beginning
- Troubleshooting if issues arise during the installation
- Tracking any additional components or hardware that was used during the install
- Test to ensure component operability prior to job completion
- Client education on system functionality
- Complete installation documentation
- Maintain a stocked and organized company van
- Assist with installations and demo room/office upgrades and warehouse maintenance as needed
- As the business expands, this position has the opportunity to advance into a leadership role as a Project Manager. As more services are offered, there will be a need for Technicians to “specialize” in certain services, such as security equipment installation, motorized shade installation, network configuration, or universal remote programming (URC brand). These Technicians will be the “go-to” personnel for certain services, and will be vital in educating both clients and their co-workers on the aspects of these installations.
This position is perfect for "techy" people who are passionate about advancements in technology, love helping people, and who want to be part of a close-knit and fun work family.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Requires minimum 1 year audio/video industry experience; drywall/carpentry/masonry experience a bonus
- Must have a solid understanding of the various types of A/V components, end-user electronics, cables, and connectors used in installations
- Must be comfortable with standard hand-held and electric power tools
- Enthusiasm to learn and ability to follow directions VERY important
- Must be able to lift up to 50+ lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record to operate company vehicle
- Background check will be done prior to employment
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work on and with ladders, including roof-mounted ladder racks on vehicles
- Must maintain a clean and professional appearance- tattoos and piercings are acceptable (within reason), company shirts will be provided
- Must be okay working in tight spaces occasionally, such as crawlspaces and attics
- Outstanding customer service skills with a willingness to help
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills for explaining project aspects to clients, as well as relaying information to co-workers in the office and in the field
- Good organizational skills for project progress tracking and work vehicle cleanliness
- Critical thinking skills and "common sense" for problem solving is extremely important
Compensation and Additional Information:
- Compensation starting at $15/hr and is based on experience level with opportunity for advancement
- Eligible for PTO, Paid Holidays, and Employee Discounts after introductory period. Healthcare benefits to be offered in the future.
- On-the-job training, tools, vehicle, and company shirts will be provided
Installations performed Monday – Friday, occasional need for Saturday work; currently only local work.
APPLY FOR THE JOB ON FACEBOOK OR LINKEDIN BELOW. YOU CAN ALSO APPLY BY SENDING YOUR RESUME TO OUR EMAIL.